Herbal Sore Throat Treatment
Sore Throat Treatment in Ayurveda- An Overview of Sore Throat: What do you mean by a sore throat? While swallowing, some people feel pain and irritation in their throat area. Scratchiness is another symptom of this condition. A viral infection is one of the main causes of this problem. It is also known by the term ‘pharyngitis’. For example, flu or cold. The condition aggravated by the virus only resolves or settles at its own.
Streptococcal infection is another condition of sore throat. Bacteria are responsible for this problem. The use of antibiotics can cure such types of complications. Since there are different conditions relating to this problem, different solutions are recommended for this. Such conditions can be irritating and painful. Throat pain is the most prevalent symptom in patients with such problems. As per the estimation, more than ten million patients visit doctors’ clinics yearly. Infections and dry air are other prime reasons for it. Though such conditions can be less severe yet one’s immunity is important for tacking it. The sore throat treatment in Ayurveda can be used for every type of case.
- Pharyngitis: Its influence can be seen behind the mouth.
- Tonsillitis: It is the condition in which the tonsils, the soft tissue, become swollen and red.
- Laryngitis: It is the condition in which the voice box or larynx becomes red and swollen.
Sore Throat Causes:
Viruses, responsible for cold and flu, also cause sore throat. Sometimes, bacterial infections may be sore throat causes. Below are different types of viral infections that include:
- Influenza (flu)
- Mononucleosis (mono)
- Common cold
- Croup (harsh cough is seen especially during childhood)
- Bacterial Infection
There are different factors responsible for sore-throat conditions. Streptococcus pyogenes is the most common type of bacterial infection responsible for strep throat. Below are some other causes of sore throat responsible for it.
- Allergy: Many people have an allergy to pollen, dust, mold, and pet dander. Such conditions can arise the problem in the throat. The use of the postnasal drip may complicate the problem by inflaming and irritating your throat.
- Dryness: Dry air is one of the main causes of a scratchy, rough throat. Chronic nasal congestion forces patients to inhale through their mouth, which can also lead to this condition.
- Irritant: Smoking tobacco and chemicals act as irritants that aggravate such conditions. Avoid spicy foods, don’t drink alcohol and never chew tobacco; thus, you can protect yourself from such conditions.
- Strain: Never strain your muscles. Never yell out and try to make your conversation as short as possible.
- GERD or Gastroesophageal: Reflux diseases can affect your stomach by backing up in the esophagus or food pipe. Other signs include hoarseness, lump sensation, and regurgitation.
- HIV Infection: A person suffering from HIV also shows early symptoms of flu and sore throat. The HIV-positive person may show chronic sore throat, as a result, a fungal infection. It is called cytomegalovirus or CMV. Its case is seen in patients with weak immune systems.
- Tumors: Cancerous tumors are dangerous and they can affect your larynx and throat. It can also lead to problems in swallowing and breathing. If you find blood in phlegm and a lump in the neck, then you must consult with your doctor.
Note: An infected tissue in the throat can affect the small cartilage covering the epiglottitis. It will block the airways, leading to a medical emergency. The sore throat treatment in Ayurveda is one of the best alternatives to choose from multiple options.
The above causes can contribute to sore throat symptoms. These can include the following:
- Pain in the throat or unusual sensation (scratchy)
- Difficulty while talking or swallowing food
- Sore glands of the neck
- Tonsil redness
- Pus and white patches on tonsils
- Hoarse voice
The infections of it can also cause fever, cough, runny nose, sneezing, body ache, headache, and vomiting. Your throat can also feel the following effects:
Your tonsil will appear red and may hurt you while talking or swallowing. White patches are one of the most common conditions of the strep throat. A virus is responsible for this condition.
Below are other symptoms of Sore Throat:
- Congestion in the nose
- Runny nose
- Swelling of glands
- Hoarse of the voice
- Ache in your body
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Loss of appetite
Treatment or Medicine Sore Throat Treatment:
A doctor can ask symptoms to find the severity of the condition. He or she may also conduct the physical examination. Sometimes, swapping of the throat is also done by experts. It is advised to consume antibiotics for treating the condition of strep throat. Thus, they will tackle infection, fever, and other complications. No physician can tell the severity of the problem just by analyzing the throat. A test is compulsory for the confirmation of this condition. Anyone suffering from this condition should take rest and consume antibiotics for a day. Patients can choose among multiple sore throat treatment.
- Antibiotics are not suitable for a virus-affected throat. In such cases, patients can wait for becoming better with time. A doctor can also prescribe you ayurvedic medicine or other alternatives to get better as antibiotics can harm you and may show serious side-effects.
Sore Throat Treatment in Ayurveda – No side-effects and A better alternative to other solutions
Whether you have a winter sore throat or any other kind, you must try the following ayurvedic remedies as they do not have any side-effects and provide instant relief for sore throat treatment in ayurveda.
Consume salt gargle and turmeric:
Take a glass of warm water and add equal portions of salt and turmeric. You have to gargle during day and night. Turmeric will relieve the inflammation and swelling. Salt helps to kill ingested bacteria. It is the best expectorant that will have a direct effect on the phlegm. Take a mason jar and start adding salt and turmeric mixture into it.
boil licorice root in water for 2-3 minutes at least to get all of their healing properties in decoction, It Soothes a sore throat, loosens bronchial congestion and reduces inflammation. Licorice also soothes digestive and gastro-intestinal issues and very much helpful with stomach ulcers
Drink plenty of water:
You have to consume water as per your body weight. You can consume half the amount of water, in ounces, as per your body weight.
Upon waking, you can consume lukewarm lime water. Lime works similarly to soap and will act as an expectorant. Water will help to flush out body waste. Yoga, peppermint tea, and raw honey are some other ways to strengthen and cure a sore throat.
How can you use Ayurvedic medicines for treating in dry cough
Prana Vayu and Udana Vayu strengthen the immune systems. Irritation is caused by the vitiation of bacteria, allergens, and viruses. The body automatically compels air to remove any type of restriction. Here are some ayurvedic home remedies for treating dry cough.
- Take honey and turmeric, mix them in lukewarm milk and consume them. They are natural antibiotics.
- Consume turmeric powder with honey. You can take up to thrice in a day.
- Mulethi or licorice lozenges reduce inflammation.
- You can consume fennel seeds (sanuf )and prepare coffee or tea.
- Add cinnamon powder in tea or warm water to get relief from irritation in the throat.
- Consume herbal decoction made of honey, ginger, and basil leaves.
- Chewing tulsi leaves helps in faster recovery.
“If you feel difficulties to arrange home remedies then no need to worry there is also an authentic & genuine Ayurveda product available in the market made by renowned and authentic ayurvedic company Deep Ayurveda which is a very useful herbal remedy for sore throat treatment in Ayurveda” – Recommended by Our Ayurveda Expert- Dr Baldeep Kour
Here are the list of some Best Ayurvedic Medicines which are very helpful for Sore Throat Treatment in Ayurveda:
Home Remedy for Sore Throat
Yes, it is possible to cure sore throats by following the sore throat home remedies. Take rest and strengthen your immune system so that it can easily fight the infection. You can follow the below steps to get relief in sore throat:
- Use a mixture of salt and water to gargle.
- Drink warm liquid to soothe your throat. For example, you can prefer broth, honey, and warm water. Herbal teas are another solution to this problem.
- Suck lozenges or herbal candies.
- Use mist humidifier for adding moisture in the surrounding.
- Don’t speak much to avoid any stress on your voice.
Useful Diet in Sore Throat
The sore throat can make it difficult for you to drink and eat. Try to consume soft food for a sore throat. The texture will reduce the irritation of your throat. Below are some food items suggested for eating and drinking when anyone has this type of problem.
- Mashed potatoes
- Soups & Milk
- Apple juice
- Boiled eggs
Avoid: You can avoid crackers, coffee, alcohol, raw vegetables, etc.
Statutory warning: Self-medication can be very dangerous. Always use ayurvedic medicine under the strict supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.
If you looking for the best sore throat treatment in Ayurveda? Our Ayurveda experts are ready to help you. Contact us now!