Many people have myth that shilajit benefits is only given to cure the sexual disorders. But it can also be given in the various other health problems like joint pains, diabetes, general debility etc. In short its Nature’s boon with a full bucket of Shilajit – Health Benefits & Ayurvedic Medicinal Properties. In Ayurveda, It is counted as strongest and rejuvenating compound on earth. It is also called as “Destroyer of weakness”. On the other side, Indian Yogis designate as Amrita or the Elixir Of Life.
Its botanical name is Asphaltum. In English it is known as mineral pitch. Whereas meaning of Shilajit in Sanskrit is “Invincible Rock”. It is natural occurring substance found in higher altitudes regions, particularly Himalayan regions. It is procured from humus and plant residues. Residues deposited over rocks and get pressed between layers of rocks for millions of years. Later on they get converted into gummy material which can be black, white or brown in color and similar to asphalt in appearance.
Though modern science has also explored the therapeutic importance of Shilajit. It contains the various minerals and nutrients like fulvic acid and humic acid. Hence Shilajit is truly a super food.
In recent researches, traces of Dibenzo alpha pyrones found in shilajit which show strong and effective antioxidant property. It helps to protect the nervous system from damage due to free radicals. Where as in various studies related to the kidney, liver and heart problems,It increases level of coenzyme Q 10 (CoQ10), that further helps to enhance the energy level and activity of cell.
HEALTH BENEFTIS OF SHILAJIT
Here we will discuss the Benefits of Shilajit in details:
- Anti-inflammatory Property– Shilajit has powerful anti-inflammatory action which is quite good to reduce the pain in joints. It also helps to reduce the inflammation in edema. Anti-oxidant action of it helps in healing of bone tissues. Moreover, it also maintains the calcium in the bones and helps to strengthen the bones.
- Anti-diabetic Action – Intake of it helps to maintain the healthy blood sugar levels in the body. It encourages regeneration of pancreas cells.
- Atherosclerosis – It help to reduce the cholesterol and lipids levels, hence prevents plaque deposition. Besides of this, anti-inflammatory action of it helps to reduce inflammation in the blood vessels. It maintains the proper blood flow throughout the body.
- Rejuvenating Action – Shilajit is famous for rejuvenating property in body. It helps in the rejuvenation of cells by providing the oxygen and nutrients to cells.
Antioxidant properties of it helps to reduce the oxidative stress in body and also protect from free radical damage. It helps in restoration of human body in a natural way. Moreover it also helps in healing of muscles and bone tissues.
- Sexual Properties – Being aphrodisiac in action, It is also known as Indian Viagra. It helps to enhance sexual performance, libido, and stamina in body. It is quite effective to treat the various male sexual health issues like premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunctions, low sperm count etc. It enhances the energy and stamina in the body. It provides nourishment to cells and increases the energy at cellular level.
- Overweight / Obesity – It helps to maintain the healthy body weight.
- Anti-ageing – Antioxidant action of shilajit helps to delay the signs of ageing. It also helps to boost up the immune system and protects the body from various ailments. It contains fulvic acid that supplies the antioxidants and minerals directly to cells which safe them against free radical damage.
- Stress Disorders and Anxiety – Fulvic acid present in the shilajit is responsible for anxiolytic and anti-depressant activity. Hence it is very helpful in various types of stress and anxiety disorders.
- Cognitive Action – It is very helpful to manage the various memory disorders like Alzheimer’s disease. It increases brain functions, learning ability, memory, intelligence etc. In various studies it has been found that helps to slow down the natural degeneration of neurons in nervous system.