Ayurvedic Bronchiolitis Treatment:
Bronchiolitis Treatment in Ayurveda: Bronchiolitis is defined as the inflammation of the Bronchioles and is a common type of lung infection that mostly affects infants, children, and rarely in adults. Before delving into the matter, let’s understand what are Bronchioles? Also, we will discuss why Ayurvedic Treatment is a better option over any other type of alternative.
Bronchioles are small airways or holes that circulates the air and control the airflow into the lungs. If they become infected, the pores get blocked and there is an obstruction in the passage of oxygen. Further, the condition can lead to inflammation and congestion of small airways and creates different types of problems. In short, we can say that the condition resembles the inflammation of the whole respiratory tract. People are more likely to be affected by it during the month of winter and they experience cough, wheeze and find difficulty while breathing. Kids younger than two years should protect themselves during the early spring and winter to avoid such conditions.
Types of Bronchiolitis:
Bronchiolitis types – There are commonly two types of bronchiolitis –
- Viral bronchiolitis,
- Bronchiolitis obliterans.
To know more about it, let’s discuss things in detail.
Causes of Bronchiolitis
As there are two main types of bronchiolitis, we are going to cover the causes associated with them. The detail is given below –
Reasons for Viral Bronchiolitis –
Viruses that enter through the respiratory tract causes Viral Bronchiolitis. They have reproducing properties and affect the immune system progressively. Below are the different types of viral infections that contribute to produce this condition –
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus or RSV: RSV or respiratory syncytial virus is the main or most common cause of bronchiolitis and is usually strikes children by the age of 2, but is most common in babies less than 1 year of age. The common symptoms include inflammation, production of mucus and congestion in the airways.
- Viral Bronchiolitis: This condition is seen during winter and affects children under the age of 1.
Reasons for Bronchiolitis Obliterans
- Bronchiolitis obliterans: In this type, scarring of the bronchioles is seen and most adults are affected by this condition. The consequence of this condition is scary, as it blocks the air passages that cannot be reversed. The dangerous, contagious viral infection produces mucus, swelling, and inflammation in the airways.
- Adenoviruses: Adenoviruses hamper or affect the mucous membranes, contributing to one-tenth of the acute respiratory tract infections in children.
- Influenza Viruses: These viruses are the main causes of inflammation in the throat, lungs, and nose. They are most likely to affect children and adults. Babies who have a weak immune system are more susceptible to this type of condition.
Rest of the above, the other causes may include –
- Fumes of certain chemicals; for example, ammonia, chlorine, and bleach.
- Respiratory infections.
- Adverse reactions to medicine.
Symptoms of Bronchiolitis
People suffering from bronchiolitis shows initially inflammation in the bronchial tubes, i.e, the air passages linking the nose and mouth with the lungs. After that, the other symptoms arise through which we can recognize its existence. People feel heavy mucus within the airways and show trouble while clearing the phlegm.
It is said that acute bronchiolitis can be cured once, but it is difficult to deal with chronic ones. In the severe or chronic stage, it gets worse with times, but the Ayurvedic herbs play a wonderful role to cure that condition also.
Below are the common signs or symptoms of acute as well as chronic bronchiolitis:
- A prolonged cough that may produce mucus.
- Fever with chills.
- Tightness in the chest area.
- Sore throat.
- Body ache.
- Sinuses and blocked noses.
A person suffering from a cough may continue to several months. The influence of cough is seen as long as the bronchial tubes take time to heal themselves completely.
If a patient can take a proper Ayurvedic Treatment in the initial or acute stage, this will be very beneficial for the patient, as the symptoms may dilute or go completely after a few weeks or days and he/she will get rid of the disease. Some of the symptoms that a person can experience in initial stages are –
Acute Bronchiolitis – It lasts for a particular period. The signs of it show the influence of viral infection, i.e., similar to the cold or flu, as it stems from the same cause (viruses).
- A mucus-filled cough or without it.
- Soreness and discomfort in the chest.
- Body ache and mild fever.
- Shortness of breath.
Chronic Bronchiolitis – Chronic bronchitis shows similar symptoms as of acute ones, but last long.
Bronchiolitis Treatment in Ayurveda
In Ayurveda, there are numerous herbs that are proved to cure respiratory tract diseases of its root cause. Here we providing some of best ayurvedic medicine for bronchiolitis which is really very effective and work without any side effects. These ayurvedic medicines for Chronic bronchiolitis has been tested after clinical trials and researches. It comprises different Ayurvedic medicines like:
Below we describing why you should choose Ayurvedic Medicine for Bronchiolitis
- Work on the root of any problem: Unlike any other treatment, Ayurveda focus on addressing the root-cause of any problem. It starts detoxifying the body so that your body’s immunity will work better to treat the actual problem of the case and Treatment for Bronchiolitis.
- It is more than a medicinal option: Diet and lifestyle also play an important role in complementing the effect of medicines and sustaining the effects of them and Ayurveda equally focuses on making a perfect balance between them.
- Reduce any kind of future risk related to health: Since Ayurveda primarily focuses on diseases, it alleviates the condition of any type of health condition arising from the cause or problem. People who have completed the treatment showed reduced signs of health complications.
Herbal extracts that possess anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antibacterial and anti-asthmatic properties are widely used to treat the respiratory tract diseases. Several studies support the efficacy of Ayurvedic treatments in alleviating the conditions of allergy, asthma, lung fibroids and other many types of respiratory disorders. Herbal-based products are very effective in balancing the dominating doshas and expel out the excessive kapha thus helps in clearing the airways so its is the best way of ayurvedic treatment for bronchiolitis. Additionally, the herbs help in boosting the immune system and also prevents secondary infections.
Home Remedies to tackle Bronchiolitis
With Ayurvedic medicines, if a person can use some of the natural home remedies, this will helps more in reducing the symptoms and cure the condition. Here we described the most common and best home remedies that can be used by every individual in any age.
- Use dry ginger, black pepper and long pepper: The dry ginger possess anti-inflammatory properties that relief the swollen bronchial tube from congestion and alleviates the nasal condition. Ayurvedic experts suggest the use of the powdered form of all these ingredients to curb the condition of bronchiolitis.
- Giloy Juice: Giloy or Guduchi, also known by the name Tinospora Cordifolia, is an effective ayurvedic herb that has been in use for a long time. It causes soothing effects on throat linings, providing relief to the inflammation and helps in clearing the airways. A person can take one glass of Giloy juice once a daily.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is well known herb for its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral properties. Regular intake of this herb also boosts the immunity and prevent the body from infections.
Diet Plan to follow
Dietary changes plays an important role in curing the disease, because once the trigger or causative foods are excluded or reduced from the diet, the chances of severity of infection become less. People suffering from bronchiolitis must increase the amount of following foods –
- Herbal teas.
- Plenty of fluids.
- Lemon water.
- Fruits including oranges, apples, grapes and strawberries, peaches, prunes, pears.
- Broccoli, spinach, carrots, onions, and vegetables that are rich in anti-oxidants.
- Garlic and ginger.
Statutory warning: Self-medication can be very dangerous. Always use ayurvedic medicine under the strict supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.
If you looking for the best Bronchiolitis treatment in Ayurveda? Our Ayurveda experts are ready to help you. Contact us now