Ayurvedic & Herbal Allergy Treatment:
Allergy Treatment in Ayurveda – An allergy is an unusual condition wherein our immune system responds exaggeratedly to any texture or material acting like an irritating agent to the body. In common terminology, an allergy is also known as hypersensitivity.
Some of the causes include indigestion, and dust, staying awake in the night, sleeping in the daytime, exposure to cold and chilly weather, increased sexual activity, not being in the balance with the season, and the suppression of natural urges.
Tickling sensation and irritation in the nostrils
- Body ache
- Watery eyes
- Running nose
- Hoarseness of the voice
- A Headache and heaviness in the head
Allergic Rhinitis from an Ayurvedic perspective is caused due to the ama (toxins) present in the body and due to low immunity. Accumulated ama aggravates the levels of Kapha (Water) in the body, giving rise to different symptoms of allergies.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be a necessary for addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective way of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice:
- Have freshly-prepared, warm food.
- Avoid stale and junk food.
- Kapha-aggravating foods like dairy, wheat, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, bananas, oranges and grapefruits should be avoided.
- Cover your nose in dusty or cold surroundings.
- Whenever you feel slight congestion, take a steam inhalation treatment.
- Avoid sleeping in the open and cover yourself properly before going to sleep.
- Boil ½ teaspoon of freshly grated ginger in milk. Add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder. Take 2-3 times a day. Turmeric is a natural immune booster and very effective in allergic rhinitis and very useful for Allergy treatments.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of Indian gooseberry (amla) Fruit powder with one teaspoon of honey. Take twice a day.
- Prepare a decoction by boiling ½ teaspoon licorice root powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder, and one a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger along with 8-10 basil leaves in a cup of water. Reduce the liquid to a half. Add ½ teaspoon of sugar (optional) and drink lukewarm in the mornings and evenings in place of tea/coffee.
Some Herbs Used Allergy Treatment:
Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia)
Turmeric (Curcuma longa)
Neem (Azadirachta indica)
Ginger ( Zingiber officinalis)
Classical Medicine for Allergy:
Chaunsth Pippali churna
Deep Ayurveda Patent Medicines Allergy Treatment:
Article Author : Dr. Baldeep Kour– Editor in Chief – “Ayurveda For Healthy Living ” (Ayurveda magazine publishing from Chandigarh ), Medical Director & Co-Founder of Deep Ayurevda. A renowned ayurvedic doctor of Chandigarh. You can also watch health related video on Youtube
Statutory warning : Self medication can be very dangerous. Always use ayurvedic medicine under the strict supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.