Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
Having diabetes is common these days. People generally say they are consuming tea without sugar because they are diabetic. It is a common myth even in educated class that by reducing or eliminating sugar intake from diet can cure disease, But it is not true.
Truth about Diabetes
Our body physiology works 24 hour to maintain a specified limit of Blood pressure, Blood sugar, Insulin etc. What actually happens in diabetes is that our blood sugar level increases. Normally, what we eat gets digested in the stomach where glucose is released from the carbohydrates present in that food. It is the primary source of energy for our body. It is then absorbed by stomach & small intestine which get release into our blood streams from where body uses it whenever we need energy.
However, a body must have insulin (which is released from Pancreas in our body) in order to use or store this glucose. It is this insulin that activates the body cells to convert glucose travelling in our bloodstreams into energy as and when required. Without insulin, glucose stays in the bloodstream & does not get used properly, keeping blood sugar levels high. This level increases with time & ultimately leads to diabetes.
Main causes of Diabetes
When due to some reason insulin producing cells of Pancreas stops functioning, it inevitably results into increased blood sugar levels. This condition is known as diabetes.
There could be many reasons like – stress, excessive alcohol & smoking, inadequate sleep, obesity, lack of exercise, excessive or wrong medication, lack of hygiene & improper detoxification or cleansing of body.
Effects on Human Body
Diabetes is a kind of disease which has deadly effects on almost all the party of a body from head to toe. It affects the various body parts in this way:-
- Extreme thirst – It is often the most noticeable sign of Diabetes. It’ll lead to consumption of extra glucose which will not get burnt and deposited in blood vessels which leads to their blockage
- Sweet smelling breath – Breath having sweet scent may indicate high level of Ketones, a serious complication of Diabetes
- Pancreas Malfunction – A poorly functioning pancreas won’t create the insulin your body needs to convert sugar into energy
- Protein in the Urine – It means your kidneys are damaged & not functioning well
- Stomach Problems – Too much glucose put the food in the stomach for long, causes bloating, heart burn & nausea
- Foot Problems – Risk of infection & ulcers on your foot occurs due to lack of circulation of blood
- Heart Diseases – High BP & damaged blood vessels pt pressure on heart & causes many cardiovascular diseases
- Dry, Cracked skin – Lack of moisture lead to cracked damaged skin
- Peripheral Neuropathy – It occurs due to damaged nerves causing weakness, numbness & pain in many parts like hand & feet
- Cataracts & Glaucoma – Problem in eyes like weak eye sights
- Diabetic Retinopathy – Visual disturbances happens which can lead to blindness also
- Stroke – Blocked blood vessels in addition to weak body parts led to strokes often causing death
- Bacterial & Fungal Infections
- High blood pressure – It is the most common side effect of diabetes
- Damaged blood vessels – Too much glucose in blood vessel leads to improper blood flow & blocked vessels
- Excessive urination – It is an early warning to Diabetes
- Ketoacidosis – To make up for the lack of insulin, body uses other hormones to turn glucose into energy which produces many toxic acids which have very dangerous effects
How to control / manage Diabetes:-
It is true diabetes is not 100% curable in any way. It starts getting generated with the increased immune disorders. Once it occurs, it can’t be eliminated fully but with the help of natural remedies & Ayurveda blood sugar level can be maintained & that too without any side effect.
Generally allopathic medicines just do one thing. They throw out excessive sugar from the body through urination & try to maintain the normal blood sugar level but this is for short duration only and thus have to retake the drug for same results. This leads to dependency on such drugs. Such medicines weaken the system slowly which makes them ineffective after sometime.
With the help of useful herbs like Ashwagandha, Karela, Neem, Aamla, Jamun, Vijayasaar, Methi & few others, we at Deep Ayurveda have prepared potent herbal formulations which helps not only in maintaining strong immune system but also promotes insulin growth. Our herbal formulations have shown good results in short time for even chronic diabetics.
Our various ayurvedic medicine Package for diabetes includes:
- Diacure Herbal Powder – 1 tsp twice a day before meal
- Diacure Capsules – 2 capsules twice a day before meal
- Ashwagandha Capsules – 1 capsule twice a day with milk
- Nervocare Capsule – 1 capsule a day with milk/water
- Shilajit Capsule – 1 capsule twice a day with milk
- Karela Jamun Juice – 30ml – empty stomach twice a day
- Chandraprabha Vati – 2 tablets twice a day with water after food
Along with ayurvedic medicine Panchkarma therapies to be used for diabetes are:
- Full Body Massage + Swedana (steam bath)
- Basti (Enema Therapy)
- Shashti Shali Pind Sveda
Along with medication, correct education and knowledge about balance diet and life style modification can play a big role to manage diabetes in natural way..
The heart, blood vessels, kidneys get damaged a lot in this disease. So, it is important to repair them also for body to function normally. Only treatment with Ayurveda can do this without any side effects. Various Herbo-mineral preparations are done at Deep Ayurveda to make the sugar control medicines as much herbal and effective as they can be.
Article Writer : Dr. Baldeep Kour– Editor in Chief -Magazine- Ayurveda For Healthy Living , Medical Director & Co-Founder of Deep Ayurevda.
Statutory Warning: Self medication can be very dangerous. Always use ayurvedic medicine under the strict supervision of an ayurvedic doctor.